View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:05 PM

aggie9 is on a distinguished road
Default New Memeber, TFO Deer Creek Value

Hey guys new member with the urge to try my hand at steelhead fishing as well as the two handed game. I have been lurking here for quite awhile as well as reading numerous other articles across the internet. I was born and raised in Northern California and am finishing up a summer of work out here in beautiful Jackson Hole. I have never however gotten into steelhead fishing but want to give it a shot when I return to school out in California.

In my pursuit of looking for a rod I have come across a brand new 11' 6# Deer Creek for $220 out the door and was wondering how well this rod will perform for me in Northern California. I am planning on doing most of my fishing on the Lower American, Sac, and Yuba maybe heading up to the Trinity and other areas if I find the time.

I plan to use this rod for both swinging and indicator fishing. If my interest grows I will invest in maybe a true spey down the road. I was considering a 12'6 6 or 7 weight for the "true spey" but feel like this deal could be too good to pass up. So I guess my question for all you is will this rod be enough for the waters I am looking to fish?

Thanks in advanced for your advice!