View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 05:37 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello I have some questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Chuck the vest, you don't need one save for a multi-day trip some place.

Everything you really need can be stuck in a few shirt pockets. One box of flies and two leader spools (appropriate x-factor). People, People, People .. I see folks loaded up with 'gear' that will never see the light of day.

Why even have it on you? I see folks with stuff 'vests' full of what ever; 20 of the same pattern, same size and I have to do a 'Say what?' Even my old Yellow Lab rolls his eyes and just walks away.

Not working, fine go to a different fly or change size on the same.

There are a few 'tools' you'll need but just string them off of a cord clipped to your shirt. (Number? Four and you're good to go.)

Edit: One is a 'Police Whistle.' Just trust me on that, if you get into deep do-do you'll need it.
Listen to Fred. That's the problem with vests, one feels duty bound to fill up all the pockets. It's easy to end up with so much stuff, you spend your time fussing with things, rather than fishing.

That's not to say that I, and probably Fred, didn't use to carry a vest full of stuff. I think we all have at some point in time. So if you want to wear it for a while, it probably won't cause any permanent harm. You can always load up most of the pockets with streamside rocks and get some cardio workout benefit.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo