View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default yellowstone report

My son and I got back home friday, after a week around Yellowstone Park. We flew into Jackson Hole from Charlotte and had a great view of the mostly cloudless Tetons!! We picked up the rental car and headed up through Idaho on the way to West Yellowstone. We stopped in Island Park to take in the "Railroad Ranch", and we had hoped to spend a few hours casting dries, but the weather turned to the worse, with rain, lightening, and strong winds. We were getting hungry, so on a great recommendation from Fysh, we stopped into the Mountain Market Deli, and met Brad and Dione. We ordered two sandwiches with Dione's homemade wasabi sauce and spent some time talking to Brad about the river. Do yourself a favor if you are in Island Park.......stop by the deli.....the sandwiches were HUGE, and delicious!!! The wasabi sauce was just right!! Thanks to Fysh for the tip!!

We had a fine week in the park with great weather.......here are a few pics...

This is my son with a nice rainbow, caught inside the park!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is my hero shot of a cuttie, caught just below the soda butte and lamar confluence....

We both caught a few of these.....

and these guys were hammering beetles and ants just below pebble creek!!

Here is my son above three dollar bridge.....

We had a fine week.....and we can't wait to return..........thanks for looking......Wes (alias Yonder) and son Dustin.........

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Last edited by yonder; 09-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.