View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:53 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Spey rods, potentially relocating to Seattle area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellb View Post
Thanks for the great input everyone, there's a 13'6 Scott 7wt that has my eye. Now I just have to get the green light on the relocation and if salmon become of interest (they will) then I could pick up a 9 weight.
Lived/fished for years where you may be headed. If I had to go back and start all over again (don't ask how many rods I have as I've long since given up counting) but get a '6' for summer fishing and a '8' for winter. Rod length? 12' for the first and maybe 13.5 to 14 for the winter rod. Both will serve you well and chuck all the line you need.

Where to 'buy the rods?' Easy!!! sign up/Log into the SpeyPages web board as these are up for sale all the time. There is nothing wrong with a 'pre-loved' 2hander. Rod doesn't know, doesn't care ... but your wallet will.

Just my .02 cents

fae