View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 AM

fishers_fisherman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: White River Indianapolis

There are several decent points of access good for wading, mainly on the north side of town and north of the city. I wouldn't mess with anything inside the 465 loop around town. Here are a few of my favorites: 1. Mounds St. Park in Anderson (20 min north east of Indy off I-69)*** #1 recommendation**, there is a charge at the gate though; 2. 146th St and Allisonville road behind Remmer's auto repair (go in through their gate and park in the back-there is a sign for parking); 3. right behind a shopping complex off of 82nd st near Keystone ave by the big green bridge-can park in the lot by Rheis Nichols jewelry store and walk down; 4. White River campgrounds and Strawtown park (look at the Hamilton County, IN parks website Hamilton County, Indiana / Parks and Recreation for addresses etc.
I've had luck with Clouser's, and poppers over the summer. Give the guys at Wildcat Creek Outfitters a shout too to see what they'd recommend, they do a lot of local guiding (Wildcat Creek Outfitters Flyfishing Outfitter and Guide Service), same with Flymasters of Indy (FlyMasters of Indianapolis). Feel free to PM me and I can give you my number in case you get down and need some directions.