View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 PM

glacierjohn will become famous soon enoughglacierjohn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Z-Axis versus One versus Scott Radian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
Well, I still have yet to even see a Radian so I must limit my remarks to Z-Axis and ONE; both in 9'/#5 configuration.

If Radian is the same but more so, I'll rave about it next season. If it is its equal, perhaps it is my next 8 1/2'/#4 as the quest continues.
I went into the Silver Creek Outfitters expecting the Radian to win over both the Z-Axis and Sage One, but walked out think that I would be very happy with either the One or Radian, but if you put a gun to my head I would probably take the One. I expected a faster-lighter version of my Z-Axis but it is way more like the Radian (or the Radian is like it), than the Z. The only thing I don't like about the Radian is the tangerine colored wraps, just a personal preference color thing. I do prefer the unsanded gray blank on the Scott over the pure black One, but am not put off by the black. I don't get that Sage blasting thread, I thought both rods were very high quality with excellent cork. I also like the reel seats on both rods. As for looks I love my Z-Axis too.

I have time and am going to wait to hear more about how the Radian fishes, but at this point I would be happy with either rod.