View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 09:48 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Z-Axis versus One versus Scott Radian...

My 590 Z-Axis is my favorite rod. I believe/know I have a special connection with this rod. I can feel her load, her cast, I know where my backcast is. I know where the sweet spot on my rod is. I know exactly when to push forward, easy off, or pull back. She is my favorite gal. I am a bit biased.

When I cast the Sage One, I did not like it in the 590. It felt "dumb" to me. Not sure if I can describe it better than that. No matter what line I tried to throw it with. I fell in love with it though in the 490. Just enough butt section for power, but enough tip to really feel what is going on.

The Scott Radian is damn sexy. I have only test casted her in a 5wt, but know I will love her at any weight. I can feel her load and cast with incredible accuracy with her. I am willing, and have thought, about getting rid of my Z-Axis. I feels like cheating though. I don't know if I could do it. But I need to. She is not yet in my quiver, but soon maybe.

I am also a Scott G2 fan boy. I have the 884. My second, very close second favorite rod. This rod makes me warm and tingly all over. Like my first love. When I dream at night, I am casting my G2.

Just my observations...

Randy