View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering a Wading Jacket

I have the Orvis Pro Guide. Definitely pricey. It is a great jacket. The pockets are massive so I can really hold everything in the jacket with my lanyard. Keeps my very dry and I've worn it in some heavy rain and snow both everyday use and fishing. It has a large hood that covers head and hat, tight seams, hand warmer pockets as well as waterproof inside pocket. It blocks the wind well without being too heavy. That way I can wear it on rainy but warmer days and then wear a fleece under it as the weather turns colder. I got it one size larger so I could wear a couple fleeces under it on those really cold days. Now after some work and careful eating it is two sizes too big but still looks and feels good albeit roomy The cuffs are great. They keep water out and the velcro is under a sleeve so it doesn't snag on line, etc.

In retrospect I probably would have been fine with the LL Bean one or the cheaper Orvis one etc., but I am happy with the jacket and with it going very strong almost two years later I think I'll get my money out of it. It is my go-to raincoat, wore it through our recent rainstorms.