View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10' 4wt Quickline

Posted my recent 3wt last night and thought I'd pop up some pictures of the rod I finished last week. The components were a Father's Day gift, I guess I must have done something right this year Haven't had it on the water yet, but I am looking forward to it.

It is a black 4 piece 10' 4wt Quickline blank from Utmost Enterprises. I used black nickel Snake Brand guides (love them!) from Proof Fly Fishing and tried Snake Brand's new stripping guides. The stripping guides look great and match the finish perfectly but, unlike the snakes, do require some prep. Wrapped it with Bullard's black silk thread without CP and used their Granite poly metallic for trim. The grip is cork from Proof with some colored rings on each end. I started with a full wells and tapered down the rear to meet the reel seat. I like the feel of it. Black winding check and hook keeper from Ye Old English Fly Shop. The black reel seat is from Dave Winslow with an Ebony wood insert and fighting butt which he turned for me. I love the colors on the insert.

Click the image to open in full size.

I picked up a black Battenkill reel while they were on sale and loaded a DT5F line that I had laying around so I could test cast it a bit. I have a Rio Grand WF4F line on its way.

Thanks for looking.