View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM

1move has a spectacular aura about1move has a spectacular aura about
Default First Guided Trip Ever

This past weekend my fiancÚ and I took a guided boat trip down a local river. We took up fly fishing about a year ago and have been hard at it, so far we have had great days and had been skunked quite a few times until we learned what to look for and the more we got out there the better we got.

We decided that we would take a guided trip as we would eventually like to get a boat but were not sure how things would go and we truly wanted to learn from a local guide that had a lot of knowledge.

We booked the trip with one of our favourite fly shops and the floods hit our city bad so we had to delay it until September. The guide has been very helpful over the past 2 years since we started visiting the shop (as he works there part time) and has been a wealth of information. We built a great friendship with him so he was very kind to us. We came open minded without expectations to catch fish as we wanted to learn. Boy did our friend Jason deliver, we had a great time and as bad as the river was fishing due to the floods he still found fish and we netted 4 fish and caught about 10ish between the two of us, but they would unhook as we did not fish with barbs so it was very difficult to keep them on. We went to a small honey hole and there were 3 large rainbow trout in there, we snuck up behind them and I had my first try at fly fishing on a dry fly, a small black ant with white wings on 5X tippet. These fish ranged from 18"-22" and I worked really hard at it to catch this fish and ohh man the fish swam about 5-6 feet to smash my dry and it was game on!!! SMASH! he ate it, and I hooked him and boy was in for a good fight. The 4 fish that we netted I caught 2 on a dry and it was amazing. It ended up being a 14 hour day and it was awesome! Here are some photos from the trip, Hope you enjoy!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by 1move; 09-18-2013 at 09:20 AM.