View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Enjoying the simplicity on a budget. Possible?

Fred,
I love the pictures of the kids. Simplicity at its finest. I remember having my reel break when I was young and tying mono to my rod and using it like a cane pole. I caught fish and it was a blast.

I remember another trip to Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee fishing from a boat with cane poles, dropping jigs into the lilypads catching fish after fish. Tackle value...about 5 bucks. Memories...priceless.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrewin View Post
I really like the idea of fishing the tenkara way; there's a simplistic beauty about it. The problem is that even at the low end, you're looking to drop $200 for a set up. When I got into fly fishing and even still now, you can get a beginner's outfit for $40-$60

Is it possible to enjoy the takara way on a budget?
Sorry about blowing up your thread...it's Fred's fault!