View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 PM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about
Default Pre, Pre, Pre Planning for Maine

I do not know much about Maine in terms of fly fishing, but my fiance loves the state. I use to live in Northwestern Ontario, Canada (Lake of the Woods), I grew up in the upper Mid-West and I love those areas. Currently, we live in Phoenix, Arizona and I can not wait to leave. On the list of possible places to move to are western Montana, central Oregon, possibly central Washington, northern Wisconsin or Maine. Of course fishing and waterfowl hunting will have a MAJOR impact on the decision. We came here for her and her job, the next move will be for me and my addictions!

Some of the things we want are the four seasons again, white Christmas, Fall colors, Spring flowers and good people, in the country somewhere where a log home will look nice. Now, for the more serious question, the fishing.....

I like Trout fishing, I enjoy it, but it is not my number one. I am a big fly, big, strong fish with aggressive takes type of guy. Naturally, I am lured to the Striper fishing on the coast. I know for a fact that I would enjoy that. I am also a die hard Smallmouth guy and love 3 and 4 pound Smallies. In addition, I like fishing to 40" Pike and I also like Muskie fishing. The big Maine Brookies would be a hoot too.

I am open to all suggestions for where a good location in Maine would be that provides access to these fish, within a reasonable drive. I would also love to be directed to or be shown pictures of what exists in Maine in terms of the above fish and the quality of the fisheries. Any and all information is greatly appreciated!