View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Saltwater 8wt line ??

First time I fished flats in the Yucatan was in the late 1980's. I didn't know any better and there were not that many specialty bonefish lines at the time so I was rigged with nice, long belly, Cortland 444SL's. I had a fine rod, Orvis 8'9"/#8 mounted with a wonderful Catino Bonefish, machined, cork draw-bar reel. It was hot and that Cortland line behaved like an elongated gummy worm in the snake guides. Sure, I caught about a million Ascension Bay bonefish that had never seen a fly, ever. But the next time I headed for tropical flats I had invested in an SA Mastery Bonefish line and plastic over cotton garb; but that is a separate equipment category.

By all means, buy the Sage Equator line on sale. Considering the overall cost of the trip, the line is insignificant but will make a substantial difference in your tropical performance...and your one day fishing could be the start of an addiction. Don't forget your copper tint polarized shades and coral protective footwear.