View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 09:01 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Saltwater 8wt line ??

Burk, Not too long after that Yucatan exploration, I was heading to Exuma with a group of friends. In my duffel was a sack full of #8 & 9 lines provided by Tom McC. with early versions of "laser" imprinted codes written on them. Each angler was provided with a questionnaire and would enter the code on the line they used and respond to a bunch of questions and I would provide a written overview. We spent two weeks field testing (eating conch salad and chasing bonefish while we "worked") those prototypes which became "Lazer Tropic Plus", a line ahead of its time.

I could not agree more with you that an optimally matched line is critical to the performance potential of any fly rod and the idea that it is OK to spend hundreds on a rod but balk at the price of quality lines boggles my mind.