View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 AM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pairing for Scott Radian 5wt

Like sweetnsalt said, Looks like your gunna be trailblazing buddy. I tend to agree with a slightly heavier reel than most recommend, getting up over 4 oz. is certainly what I'd do. If I was trying to be cost savy I would think about wither the orvis mid-arbor access III reel at 4.6 oz and 3"1/4 diameter spool, or the access IV at 5.3 oz. and 3"1/2 diameter, the black would match nicely with the radian harware. If I were to step it up I may go with hardy widespool perfect, its a dark metallic almost black color that I think would match well and can get one with sufficient weight to balance. When the rod is as nice as the radian pairing it with a nice classic reel is a beautiful thing. The abel trout series is very nice standard arbor black reel with wooden handle, the 5-6 weight model is 4.3 oz. and a spool dia of 3"1/4. I think a hardy cascapedia would look sweet, its 8 oz. however. Islander LX series reels are a fantastic choice if you want the mid-arbor design, worth a look. I would also consider a few models from the bauer line of reels, seems like people either love or hate bauer, I certainly love them, take a look. Those would be my suggestions for now, obviously there are other great choices out there, good luck.