View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pre, Pre, Pre Planning for Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
Sorry for the late response. I spent the last few days in the mountains doing some fishing, listening to and watching Elk bugle and enjoying an actual Fall. You know, highs in the upper 60's, the Aspen trees changing and then oh wait, I realize I live in hell when I get back to Phoenix at 8:30pm and it is 95 degrees!

Sorry rant over!

I appreciate the replies and the photos. Surprised to not see or hear more of the Striper fishing.

nickj.....do you mind me asking what states you considered and ultimately why you chose Maine? Heck, it would be hard for me to leave Colorado, I think. From what I hear, it is getting crowded there.
We looked at most of the states still considered Free America that had trout populations. Maine won because we grew up in Connecticut, have relatives there and in upstate NY, and because the real estate values are awesome. The politics and the fires are forcing us to leave.