View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:54 PM

onthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura aboutonthehunt has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pre, Pre, Pre Planning for Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
We looked at most of the states still considered Free America that had trout populations. Maine won because we grew up in Connecticut, have relatives there and in upstate NY, and because the real estate values are awesome. The politics and the fires are forcing us to leave.
That sucks. If you want something broke, give it to the government!

Understood with the family situation and going back to your roots! Part of why I want to head back to northern Wisconsin! Good luck with the move, as I know how crazy a big distance move can go! Keep us posted and post plenty of pictures of your "new" life!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Just the other day I read about three "50s" (that would be pounds) being caught in the same tide, same rip at Block Island RI.
There's still big fish around but the population is way down due to a number of different factors. Pollution, over fishing, lack of bait...

After the last down turn in the 80s there was a moratorium and eventually the population rebounded.
In the mid '90s it was possible to have a 50 or even a 100 fish day.
Now you're lucky just to catch a few.
I remember hearing of the 80's downturn. I couldn't even imagine a 50 plus fish day!