View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 04:56 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Loomis NRX Steelhead & Salmon Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by burk48237 View Post
I've heard good things, but if I can make a suggestion, wether it is NRX or another fine rod make the switch to two hand if your going to lay down big bucks for a Steelhead/Salmon rod. Unless you're stripping streamers I can't think of any Steelhead/Salmon presentation where a two hander (switch or spey) isn't superior. Longer rod equals more shock absorber, longer more effortless casts, better line control and drift management, and it is literally easier on your body.

I made the switch a few years ago after a serious bout with tendonitis from fighting spring steelhead, and I've never looked back. I've used two handers on MI Kings, AK Silvers, Sockeyes, and Bows, and GL Steelhead, for a natural presentation they just work better. And you don't need to make it complicated just get a good integrated Skagit line like a Beulah or the New Cortland and have at it.
I like casting single handed rods. Every chance I get to cast a single handed rod helps me improve my casting for any and all situations that arise when fly fishing for any species I target. When I feel I'm where I want to be casting wise, maybe I'll do it. But for he now, as long as my elbow and shoulders keep going strong, I'm sticking with single handed rods. I just plain like to double haul and cast single handed rods.