View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Leader and Tippett help

Furled Leaders were mentioned a few times in the above threads. I of course use and would suggest furled leaders, but more importantly, I like to keep things simple. My business allows me talk too many fly fishers (some newbies and some very seasoned) one topic that comes up often is how many different options are available to the fly fisherman consumer. From reel /rods/lines/leaders and tippet, not to mention flies. Keeping things simple at the beginning gives a new fly fisher the ability to work on the basics of casting, presentation, drift, etc. You know the important things. I hear from so many guys/gals that getting into fly fishing is overwhelming because of so many choices in products. I am a big fan of keeping things simple. Simple equals more fun on the water, more time to learn the important things. You can read many books, Watch videos, etc, but nothing will teach you how to be a better fly fisher than actually getting out there and wetting a line. If you do have a chance to fish with a more season fly fisher that will pay huge dividends. For me a furled leader and a couple spools of tippet will cover a large array of fishing conditions / scenarios. Good luck out there and more importantly, have fun.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com