View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!!

my poor thread

I actually have good news to report though. This summer the creek was mostly blown out constantly from all the rain we thankfully had been getting. After that, some new construction going on upstream caused it to cloud up something fierce then it stopped raining, so it went from being promising to back into a crapshoot real quick.

There might have been one point in there that I fished it, actually I think there was, and I caught a new species for the creek, longear sunfish. Pretty little things to colorup the otherwise normal and boring bluegill and green sunfish.

This last week we got some much needed rain so it looked pretty good. Well I wanted some new fish for my aquarium and I had a new 2wt to try out, so down I went. I was there for an hour, the fish were alittle spooky but I caught probably 3 dozen sunfish of various sizes and types. Best fish which surprised the heck out of me, i was high sticking this rock trying to coax this little longear i saw swim under it and a green about 7-8" long came out and inhailed the fly. WHEEEEE!!! what fun on the 2wt that was, i tried to get a picture but he got free as my camera was coming on. oh well, such is life. But it was a good time, glad to see that it was doing well, and now there are 3 longears and 1 green fish who now will never have to worry about being eaten by something else or worrying about food hanging out in my aquarium.

Storm Drain Bonefisher