View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bamboo refurbish

I've never stripped one so I won't speak to it. However I've used Truoil on a couple blanks. It is easy and looks amazing. Just lots and lots of coats! I did it before ferruling the blank or wrapping guides. Wrapping isn't that different than graphite though the corners are something to get accustom to. If you use silk, especially gossamer, it is a challenge compared to nylon, but can look great. I found Al's Wrap Rite from Angler's Workshop gave me the best color, if you want to use CP. I tried several others and the color didn't turn out as well, for me at least. The combo of Al's wrap rite and Al's finish worked great.