View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 AM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pairing for Scott Radian 5wt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuch View Post
Neither. I spent my hard earned dollars on 3 new Radians. Without an intensive review, the limited material that is our there is pretty accurate about the Radian. I think the 5 and 6 weights are simply the best fast action rods in those line weights that I have ever fished.
Congrats on your truly awesome purchase(s) ! I hope I did not offend by insinuating you had an "in" with Scott. I'm just jealous in that even if i could afford all three rods, i could not pull off that purchase and avoid divorce papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuch View Post
As for others rods to compare, in the last few years I have owned and fished these fast action rods. Winston B3X, Sage One and Scott S4. In my opinion it fishes closest to the B3X in terms of feel but with more power if that makes sense. I never fished a Sage One that I liked at all. The S4 had no feel but lots of power. The Radian encompasses a lot in terms of casting feel and power in my opinion. The 5 and 6 line Radians really shine.
I have some questions and comments, bbut will bring them up in the Radian rod thread as to not derail this thread any farther. Your additional input would be greatly appreciated!

I recently saw pics of the new darker finish Lamson Litespeed on a S4 an it looked pretty sweet.

Last edited by fireroad; 05-25-2014 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Ross Vexsis was a bad recommendation :(