View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:14 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thoughts on Ross Evolution LT vs CLA

The CLA is probably the best and most affordable reel machined and made in the US. I had a #2 for a brief period ... I bought it used (from a forum member actually) to match my 5wt XP I had built. Generally I put function on top, but this reel that is called Grey Mist is quite purple in color. I just couldn't have a purple reel on my new green Sage XP.
But it was nice reel. Just don't get the "grey mist" ... unless you want a purple reel.

I got lucky and stumbled onto a sale at the sportsman's box store that had an Evolution LT in dark green for like $175 or something. So I had no choice but to buy it ... I would have been losing money if I didn't!! I sold the CLA on ebay for $100 or so and felt good about the deal (though I ended up paying close to full price on the Evo after buying and selling the CLA).