View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default Re: Sage One 9'6" (5WT) vs Scott Radian 9'6" (5WT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblueco1 View Post
Rob,

I feel that by tying on a double nymph rig and casting each in grass/bumping it across grass and rock will give me a very good idea as to how each set-up works. Additionally, how else is this even possible? It's not as though a fly fishing shop will allow you take a rod to the river and try them out; at least not out here. Do you have another suggestion?
I'm only responding based on your OP, and trying to make the point that casting isn't the most important function of a nymphing rod. Of course, it needs to cast a heavyish rig, but isn't it more like lobbing than casting? I think feeling the bottom and strikes is the most important factor for a nymphing rod. I didn't notice you asking about these characteristics in your OP, so I thought I'd chime in. Feel free to ignore me, because I am far from an accomplished nympher. I've pulled it off, but I'm still experimenting.