View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default How to Get Home From Fishing............

Wednesday morning I got up at 6:30 AM at a lodge way up the Skwentna River. I had heard rain pounding the roof overnight and expected a wet trip home. Well, a look outside reveled that it was going to be a first for me.

At about 10:00 I went down to check the boat.
Click the image to open in full size.

I had to shovel out the boat before I could bail out the water from the rain.

I left on the 86 mile trip back to the boat launch where I had left the truck a week prior. The temperature was an even 32* as Boss and I headed into the main current.

I took this as we headed for the canyon and were throttling up, 29.7 mph and we cruised at 35 most of the way home.

After you pass through the walls of the canyon you've left the friendly water behind and there will be no more pictures. For the next 13 miles you better be concentrating on the river because it braids into sometimes 12 or more channels It's the most challenging water I've ever traveled but I'm starting to like it.

Why would you do that?

We caught more of these than I can put a number on. They were big and fat, the lengths ranged between 16 and 24 inches. Both fishermen used my Sculpin patterns and I was one of the 'fishermen' We used my Hardy Spey rods and had a ball!

The net in the picture is 18" long by 13" wide in the opening to give a sense of scale to that rainbow

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;