View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 AM

goblueco1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sage One 9'6" (5WT) vs Scott Radian 9'6" (5WT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie_robs View Post
I'm only responding based on your OP, and trying to make the point that casting isn't the most important function of a nymphing rod. Of course, it needs to cast a heavyish rig, but isn't it more like lobbing than casting? I think feeling the bottom and strikes is the most important factor for a nymphing rod. I didn't notice you asking about these characteristics in your OP, so I thought I'd chime in. Feel free to ignore me, because I am far from an accomplished nympher. I've pulled it off, but I'm still experimenting.
Rob,

Please don't take my reply as blowing you off I just don't know of any other way to handle this situation. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who owns one of these set-ups and know for a fact that unless I was to purchase a guided trip a fly shop will not let me take each rod and a reel to the river for an hour or so. I feel that I can get a good idea how the rod handles and the sensitivity of feel by doing as I described above.

All that said if someone knows of a better option please chime in as I am all ears.

Thanks,

BW