View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I Should'a Been Fishing...........

The tying process is kinda like I wrote in the opening post. I taught myself how to make these because I couldn't find any on-line tutorials that tied flies like I wanted to make.

These look pretty bushy but when hey get wet the colors blend into some pretty good looking meals.
Click the image to open in full size.

The big ones have the stinger hook trailing back in the feathers & fur. They have only 1 hook, the trailer.

These little ones are tied on single short shank streamer hooks and are the 'what I use when the big ones don't work' flies.

Since I started using & tying these the big ones always work.

Maybe in the winter I'll do a tying step by step on these, they are tough to tie and probably hard to photo each step also.....................

Don't be intimidated by the size or weight, I'm fishing them on either a 7'9" 5 weight or blasting them out 90' on a 13'9" Spey rod. They cast swell, you just have to beef up the leader butt.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;