View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Poaching news, Ca style

Random User..a story.

When I was about 16 I guess,,,I got in a gang of turkey and killed two with one shot. I really wasn't trying to do that. So, I 'tried' to do the right..or at least the logical thing. If you take two to the checking station you WILL get a ticket for one of them. So, I leave one at the house (I was hunting on a ridge back of my place) and took the nicer one to check it in. I guess someone saw me come out of the woods with two turkey, cause while I was in the back yard dressing them the Game Warden pulled up. I didn't hide anything, just told him the truth. He had to cite me anyways,,he really didn't 'want' to, but he had to.

And yes sir, Mr Judge charged me 150 dollars on top of everything else to replace one turkey.

I've 'heard' they charge poachers 75 dollars a trout here to replace them.

I guess it's the fair thing to do, even in my turkey situation.

Mike