View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hello Everyone, I'm Back Home!

Someday I'll dig up old photos so we have a 'before & after' sequence. It will be pretty drastic for sure.

When April rolls around I should have the ceilings done and the lights installed. The second floor has a bridge that runs from the loft to the 2 big windows in the front gable. That will be done and the railings all finished too. We are really looking forward to being able to shop the second hand stores for furniture and to make it comfortable there.

I am having a large freight sled built for this winter so I can haul whatever we want or need out there without paying 32 cents a pound for freight. The cabin is 72 miles off road so everything must be hauled during winter. You can barge things during high water in spring & summer but there you are still at .32/pound. It really adds up when you figure a 55 gallon drum of fuel at 385 pounds. We will take out 4 drums this winter, that alone would cost $492.80 for freight. When you figure what the gas costs and then add over 100 dollars per barrel, it will pay for the sled fast. We spend roughly 1000 every winter for freight, the sled will cost $1200.00 so it's a winning deal.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;