View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: I Should'a Been Fishing...........

Hi Jason,

I've been blending colors on the ties and then seeing what works best, sometimes brown - sometimes olive. The brown & olive seems to be best but they need more time in the rivers before I commit to one color combo. I'm throwing them on my old Hardy 13'9" with a Jetstream 10/11 with a 65' belly. The leader is a ten foot made of; #50 - 40 - 30 - 25 - 20 - and tipped with 15. I have added a piece of 12 pound for today because the river is low and clear but the 15 works just fine. If you try to tip lighter than 15 Ultra Green you must be very careful or you'll break a fly off. I haven't lost any but my buddy had a knot fail on a big trout last week.

I like fishing these because the fish are taking them real well.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;