View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:39 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wooly Bugger questions

Appreciate all the advice. I will analyze the comments in more depth later tonight when I have more time.

I need to get my camera zoom figured out so you can see what I am up too. My woolies have substantially more tail volume than the vid flattire posted. My bodies are more compact because my chenille is a bit too narrow IMO. I am tying 8s and 10s now. Using Allen hooks and I think they run a little smaller but I could be wrong about that. Ordering bigger (or at least longer) ones soon.

In any case, most of what I am tying is not bad looking at all. I have caught trout on woolies that didn't look as nice as mine. I am sure these will catch fish, but I am in the fly swap and I want to contribute flies that also catch fisherman. Life is too short to toss imperfect flies.