View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 01:04 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: minnesota trout fishing

Heh, all good points. That picture was from a Minnesota lake stocked with trout. That is what winter trout fishing looks like for those that don't take advantage of the streams. Thankfully many people enjoy ice fishing (not that there is anything wrong with that). Heck, I've spent my fair share of nights in ice houses. Satellite TV, fridge, microwaves, tapped kegs, etc. They're awesome. But I just have never been able to think of it as real fishing. Staring at a Vexilar to me is more like playing a video game. Sure, the first 10 bluegills are fun to watch come shooting up as a little red line, but after that it's just boring. The technology and creature comforts just take some of the "game" out of the chase. However, I've got no problem enjoying a few beverages and watching other people yank fish out of the holes. But when I want to actually fish I go to a stream.

I'd rather walk a mile or two up a small, secluded stream and have to worry about busting ice out of my guides while truly enjoying the outdoors than sit in someones loaded up ice shack watching Christian Ponder blow another game for the Vikings.