View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wooly Bugger questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
fq13- I do look good in chenille, but the pumps don't work for me as I always cut my feet when I shave them.

I responded to your PM, I am up for any recommendations for fly tying suppliers. Bought the most recent batch from Hook and Hackle. Good experience so far. I think they are a rod building supply company dipping their toe into fly supplies. Since I am just starting out I can hit the minimum amounts for free shipping from a lot of places.

I need to order by tomorrow if anyone else has a recommendation. I need to tie some buggers for the fly swap I want to use good stuff. I know for sure my hooks are too short. The whole 2X 3X 4X thing is new to me.
Okay, as requested, here are some ebay stores I've done business with and gotten good supplies for short dollars.
For bucktail and soft hackle try this guy.

fishingsupplyco | eBay

For marabou and dubbing try this lady (note, don't pay if you're buying more than one item. She'll consolidate your order to save big money on shipping, but email first before you pay). I got good quality marabou and dubbing.

Body Materials, Feather Products items in Mountainview Flies and Supplies store on eBay!

These folks I haven't ordered from yet, but they have a ton of Chenille at great prices and free or cheap shipping on most of it. I intend to place an order soon.

Chenille, Single Cards items in Fly Tying Chenille and Hackle store on eBay!