View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Orvis t3 damaged

I have a Winston Spey rod that had a pretty bad chip when I got it. I was worried so I took a good macro picture of the chip and e-mailed it to the Winston rod shop. The technician there is who told me that "if it isn't down into the dark grey carbon fiber of the blank" which is was not, "just coat the area with flex coat and go use it".

You could see the blank but it was not damaged, only the epoxy finish was chipped. I used my little rod turner (motor) and put a layer of flex coat on the area. Since then I have cast it a bunch and even caught a king on the rod, still together.

Maybe try the macro photo and send to Orvis rod shop?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;