Thread: Cabelas Waders
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 01:18 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Cabelas Waders

So I went down to buy some new waders at cabelas. I am not pro staffing or guiding for any shop so pro deals are a bit more scarce these days.

I tried cabelas waders nine years ago...Yes I fished 8 hard seasons in these waders with not one leak or puncture...I use my gear hard but take good care and do my regular maintenance.

They started to leak a bit in the seams (a very small amount, never standing water) So I went to get another pair as I was so happy with them. As I was picking my box off the shelf a guy says can I help. I told him the above story and he said..."send em in" we will stand behind our warranty on that, I said no, I have used them hard and long and got my money's worth...He said blah blah, send em in.

I took the new pair up and happily paid for them and went on my way. After a month of fishing my new waders I am again very pleased with their waders. I folded up my old waders and put them in the box from the new ones and spent the 10.22 to ship them off to cabelas.

They called Friday and apologized for the leaking seems...That alone freaked me out...the kind lady said we will ship your new replacement pair out today!..I went on to explain I used them hard and long for 8 years...She laughed and said, "well hopefully our product will stand up better next time".

I think I may be fishing cabelas waders until or if I am guiding or pro staffing again and even then I feel I will be compelled to use them.

Good stuff maynard!