View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Importance of a Dressed Line;

Hi Derek,

Someday I'll enter the 21'st century and try some of the new products that are available today. As it is I have enough of the old Mucillin paste in a tin that I just tapped last year. I ran out in 2011 and managed to find some vintage unused tins for sale and snapped them up like a hungry trout. I'm part of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' generation so I'll be good to go for some time now. However some of the newer casters may benefit from the product you suggest and I would urge them to be using something.

I read a lot of posts where members are worried about how often to replace lines or when to clean them. Sometimes it sounds like overthinking matters to me. What I don't hear are people talking about routinely dressing lines before fishing. I caught on to this a long time back and although I sometimes forget to do it, when I do dress them properly I have better casting for sure.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;