View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tube Flies for GL's Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by king joe View Post
Hey, thanks Jay
I suspected as much (re: good for the shank, good for the tube). Gonna bite the bullet and pick up the mandrel pack starter and selection of tubes. I have a few patterns I will start with and go from there.

Quick follow up question....do you often use a small section of flex tube to 'seat' the hook to the tube when fishing? I have watched a pile of vids and read a bit...and for the most part, this junction tubing is used.

Again, thanks for the response.

King Joe Outa Here!
Hey King Joe,

I sometimes use the junction tubing, it depends on which tube though. I would have a look at the Pro Tubes, they basically have it built into the tube and there are even add ons if you like. When I tie on HMH copper tubes, yes I add junction tubing. I'm working though some Eumer Tubes right now and just use the larger tube as the junction tubing, the smaller one is inserted inside. HMH's tubes (non metal) have been a little soft in my experience, I prefer the Eumer's rigidity. I've started to switch over to Pro Tube though and they seem like a nice compromise between the two. Again, pay attention to which adapters work with which tubes. When in doubt, ask at your fly shop or call where you're ordering from.

Good luck and enjoy!