View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rod and reel for starting out

I ahve taken newbies out on the river and mind you, my opinion, but many of the people that have never fished did indeed feel a difference. To me, the Redington Crosswater and the TFO Professional are very (for lack of a better word) clubby feeling and yes, I do own both.
I agree with Mojo, the Compass rod is a nice smooth medium action (much like the Professional) but light to the hand and a nice snappiness when roll casting.
If I had it all to do over, I would have a lot more money for fly line, because I would buy that Compass and the ATS reel.

I will also add, the action of this rod did help the newbies FEEL the load up. Also slowed them down for smoother casts.

Just my opinion. ;-)