View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shoot me some numbers!

If you can find unmolested fish, I'd suggest fishing a rather small fly, something around a size 8, maybe even a 10. If the fish have been pretty much worked over, you may have better luck fishing a larger fly, something as long as 3 ". The larger flies tend to aggravate the fish more, and if they area already edgy, you might have better luck.

Black is always a good color, but sometimes bright colors, i.e. purple or pink will aggravate the fish into slashing out.

Have fun, you shouldn't have any trouble finding some fish.

p.s. IF you have the inclination, try to spend some time targeting trout. I personally prefer fishing for trout, after a while, catching salmon gets to be too much like work. The trout fishing can be exceptional this time of year.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo