View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: a mouse for bass

ya this is easy to tie. never messed with deer hair or weed guards till that fly and If I can do it anyone can.. haha. I used it today for largemouth in a pond and caught a few smaller bass and even some gills. only fished it 40 mins tho then I hit the river and even had a river smallie take a swipe at it but somehow I missed it! he was a beast!!! the just bass loved this fly and so did I! it casts far even with a 5wt and does not twist up your leader. the tail caught the hook a couple times but thats about the only con I seen to it. it also floated forever! I will try that tail. also a tail of pink chenille like joni's mouse would be killer on it. that mouses tial wiggles like a champ! the rubber leg tail worked decent tho. it wiggled some. here is a pic of a lil bass I got on it. how would you guys fish this pattern? like small strip strip strips? or a strip pause a few seconds strip pause??? I switched up my retrieves all day but still wasn't sure what was better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV33203.JPG (79.1 KB, 112 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.