Thread: Dry Run Creek
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:48 PM

jbennett is on a distinguished road
Default Dry Run Creek

Never been to dry run creek but had a guide take my daughter today for a little while before we hit the Norfork. You have to be under 16 to fish and everything has to go back immediately but it is insane. I've never seen anything like it. Its a small 1/4 mile stretch off the Norfork that back up to the hatchery and all the stinky water from the hatchery draws a ton of big fish up into it. You can see them stacked up in the current just dozens of big fish waiting for something to come down stream. She was pulling them out one after another this rainbow was literally in the first 30 seconds and this brown while not huge was her first brown. I could have watched her fish all day but these big ones wore her out and she said her hands hurt. I think she really felt bad I couldn't fish so after 45 minutes or so we packed up and headed out so I could catch some. I was taking the pics so the guy is oyr guide Jamie Rouse. He's the man for Arkansas rivers. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.