View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Against my better judgment: my trip to the mile

SdDryFly: Wow, that looked brutal, especially camping! Sorry we missed you, I went over early and camped on the mile on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday then picked up camp and went into Alcova where Chase and his friend Rod had reserved a cabin just around the corner from the Alcova convenience store, boy was that place nice. Chase and Rod really wanted to fish the mile, but when I heard the forecast I convinced them to fish the Grey Reef and the Canyon instead. Awhile back I had a friend from Laramie that got stuck up on the mile in bad weather, so I'm a little careful about going out there when the forecast doesn't look good. We were staying in the cabin when the blizzard hit, probably received a foot of snow, but only lost the morning to fishing, we decided to go and fish the dam in the afternoon as it was so close. I took one look at the Reef and decided we were going to wade instead of trying to do a float, the weeds were just awful and with that high wind forecast I wasn't looking forward to trying to row in those conditions.

Larry