View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 AM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trout Switch/Spey Results

The idea of using double handers for more than just salmon and steelhead is an awesome movement that seems to be growing quite rapidly. I've been fishing double handers for some time now 7 & 8 weights only, until recently. I finally got my hands on a sage z-axis 5126. This rod is so incredibly light, I took it out for the first time a week ago, put on an airflo scandi compact 330 grain and let er' rip with a floating 10' poly leader, 4ft of 6lb maxima ultragreen and a humpy dry fly size 14 and caught a 17'-18' brown on its maiden voyage. I couldn't believe how well that trout bent the rod and gave me one hell of a fight on a double hander! I am so excited about this rod I can't even contain myself. Not to mention the dry fly presentation was out of this world for a 2hander, my prayers have been answered