View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Platte, WY Fishing Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
Looks like a great trip Larry. To think, we were about 10 miles away from each other at one point, until I got to that drift in the road. One of these days we'll all get together and have a grand ol time fishing. I'll have to catch Chase next time he comes by and jump in with him. Great looking walleye and carp by the way. I saw some monster carp on the mile, but couldn't get them to take. And yes, it is much better to camp above the bridge, in the canyon while you are up on the mile. I was barely hit with any wind both nights I stayed up there. Well tight lines
SdDryFly: Thanks! It sucked when I found out you were that close and we didn't get together for some fishing. For some reason I thought you were headed up to Casper the Sunday before and would only have time to fish for a couple hours in Casper. We will definitely have to communicate better next time and make it a point to fish together.

Larry

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Chase emailed me some photos he took of the trip to the North Platte, hope you guys enjoy them:
They weren't all big, but they certainly were beautiful:
Click the image to open in full size.
If you look closely you can see I had on a long sleeve shirt, two sweaters, a coat and finally my wading jacket.....trying to keep warm:
Rod on the left and myself on the right:
Rod into a nice trout:
I still don't understand how Rod could withstand that cold wind without a hat on:
Shot out the front of the cabin the day the storm hit:
The Grey Reef during the storm:
Chase's Fly Rod:
Before the storm hit.....we had no idea how good we had it:
Rod on the left and Chase on the right at the dam posing with their new t-shirts:
Cooking breakfast in the cabin, boy was that a sweet setup, fully stocked kitchen, all we had to provide was the food and between cooking all our own meals and splitting the cost of the cabin made for a pretty economical trip:
The big smile says it all after landing a nice rainbow with the help of Rod on the net:
Chase took this photo of a bug he spotted floating on the water, any ideas what it is?
Another shot of the river after the big storm: