View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need more distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
This is an insistence where throwing money at a problem will not lead to a solution
There's a number of reasons why you're not casting as far as you'd like.
It's possible that your gear doesn't cut it, but it's far, far more likely that you need to work on your cast.
People have been distance fly casting for better than 150 years. It doesn't take fancy gear. It's all about effort effort.
Don't expect to throw money at new gear and have your troubles go away.
That's not how it works.
Rip has hit the nail on the head! Kudos to you sir! I don't know how many times folks try to solve casting problems by thinking they can fix their problems with upgrading their equipment, it just doesn't work like that. I'm no casting pro, but have been around long enough to know that the guys that put in the time in the front yard practicing, can cast circles around most of us of the rest of us. Spend a few dollars on a couple hours of casting instruction from a certified casting instructor, you will be amazed at the results and you will only be out a fraction of what a high end fly rod costs these days, then spend some time casting in the front yard or the local park.

Larry