View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 03:19 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default Re: Lump on side of trout

Im not sure what its for, its not big, maybe 5 acres. There is a dam but this time of year the water is well below it. Its not a waste water one either. It has a little park and campground and also has a house where an attendant lives and watches over the place.
I think it was either A: Built as a little recreation spot since there isnt anything like it near town here without traveling 80 miles. B: it might have been made originally to hold run off water just incase of forest fire, then Heli's could dip into it.

I am not sure but the water is murky and dirty and the fish just dont seem healthy, cant believe people eat the fish they catch. Maybe I am spoiled though. Generally I am a river fly fisherman and IMHO nothing beats a nice little mountain river with trout. Beautiful fish. I just started going to this place because its close to town and its the closest fishing without driving 80 miles.

EDIT: Here is the stocking report, I really hope someone just added a few extra zeroes that seems like a lot if fish. Even if they are triploids.
http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/...ataDisplay.cfm

I still cant find its size but it is small.