View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 10:03 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default Re: Lump on side of trout

Spring Valley is 17 miles east of Moscow, which if you dont know is inbetween Lewiston and CDA.

According to Fish and game they are stocking thousands of 6" + "triploid" fish. So Technically they are sterile fish (may be a few that can reproduce but they are supposed to be able to) but that still seems like a lot of fish to live in the water. Specially with the bass, and supposed cats, crappies, and sun fishes that live there.
I also found on Google that it is a bird watching park and I did see 2 birds of prey catch 2 fish but I cant believe that the birds and humans are catching enough fish to keep the population stable. I am having no issues catching fish there I even had trout trying to take my big bass jerk baits. There seems to be very little to no vegetation on the eastern side (havent been anywhere else).

I am going to try and at least talk to a Fish and Game officer, maybe they can explain.