View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Barbless Hooks from Allen

Barbless hooks are great--one less t hing I need to do whenever I sit and tie some flies. But I have a question: Why do they cost more? Especially >50% more?

Is it because different equipment is needed? I cannot believe it is harder to produce a barbless hook but what do I know? Maybe it is... Maybe it it harder to produce a sharp edge? Maybe there is actually more steps?

But all that said, I like them! Even after I squish the normal hooks, there is a bit of a barb there. And there are also times when the barb breaks off and goes flying...somewhere. Makes me want to put on safety glasses whenever that happens. Of course, I am more careful with my eyes because my father was watching his older brother saw a piece of metal with a hacksaw and a piece of metal flew into his eye and he lost it. Grossest thing in the world whenever I was a young kid and saw my dad's glass eye fell out for the first and only time. Had nightmares for weeks! LOL!