View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: North Platte, WY Fishing Trip

Good to have you guys back Larry,

I'm very much aware of how things change overnight. I got down to Anchor Point Sunday, Monday morning was seasonable with the morning low in the upper 30's and the high around 2:00 PM at 44*. I fished from daylight until 2 without a bump and so called the day and made a plan for Tuesday. Rain came Monday evening and pounded the area overnight hard.

With howling winds and sheets of rain coming down Nancy decided to stay at the motel and dropped me off at 7:30 AM. That's about half an hour before daylight at this time. I started down river and even in the dark could see that there was about twice as much river as the day before. I fished a long run in the dark to dawn light and began to wonder what color the water was. By 8:15 you could clearly see that things were up and with color so I walked to the top of the run and gave it one more shot even though the river was muddied. No bump, no fish but a cell phone so I called for an extraction.

So the score between the giant steelhead of The Anchor River and I remains the same, I have been defeated by weather or water conditions on almost every trip but I'm planning one more before the months end.....................

The waking up to a heavy snow and drop in temperature hits you pretty good too but at least your water levels stayed good. I'll take snow over hard rains any day, you guys made the best of it for sure.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;