View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ye Olde English Fly Shop blanks?

I've built three rods on his blanks, love them. Here's the recent one I did, a 7'9" 3wt which I have enjoyed fishing, and then this 9' 5wt was a fine rod as well, until I I snapped the tip through my own error, broke my heart. He didn't have any more in stock so I choose the 3wt blank, I told him it was my fault and not a flaw in the blank and he sent me a new one anyway. When he gets more in I'm buying a new 5wt and hoping the ferrules in one of the sections fit so I can save that grip! Also did a 8'6" 4/5 wt for my wife which I've fished and think it's a great rod. I can post pics later if you want.

I met Brian at the Denver fly fishing show, I'd already finished the 4/5wt blank and got the 5wt from him then. I have also communicated with him via email and phone, he's a nice guy and very easy to work with. I've also gotten some winding checks and stripping guides from him through his site and ebay. I've been very happy with the blanks and don't hesitate to recommend them. Depending on what you are looking for in a rod, they are a great deal and make a nice fishing rod.